Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-browser on FreeBSD

From: Johan van Selst
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-browser on FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 07:54:32 +0200

Anselm Strauss wrote:
> I didn't find any GTK packages coming with the installation, maybe the
> port for FreeBSD is incomplete ...?

Yes, the FreeBSD port installs smalltalk without GTK support (because
the combination was broken). This has been the default setup for over 6
years now. I'm not sure how bad it is these days. If you want to test it
with GTK support, then add "gtk20" to the USE_GNOME line and remove the
"--disable-gtk" line in the port's Makefile, before compiling and
installing again. Please let me know if this works for you and what
system you use (FreeBSD version and architecture).

Best regards,
Johan van Selst