Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2 released

From: Martin Beck
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2 released
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 12:57:21 +0200

 On Friday 07 May 2010 15:24:51 you wrote: > On 05/07/2010 02:21 AM, Holger
Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> >> No reply so far. Looks like we have a case of dead-ear behavior. Looks
> >> like GenToo entirely buried this package. Shameful.
> >
> > Well,
> > you are not willing to follow the Gentoo process. If you create a ticket
> > with a patch I can point a friend to it...
>
> Looks like something happened. Some time after I made that post a
> reaction came to my old topic. Looks like they lifted the hard-mask. Now
> it's time to test and deliver results in less than 30 days so it can go
> stable again. Here's the topic
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6272346#6272346 (old bug report
> linked in there).
>
> So everybody up with GenToo and GNU Smalltalk have a go at it. I get the
> update on portage first tomorrow so I can't test before that.
Hi,
I installed gst on gentoo and shortly fired up gst-browser. Seems to work fine,
however, is there some kind of test packages I could start up to test it more
thouroughly?
I do not use gst very often, so I don't have any code to test.

Regards,
Martin