Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Any way to disable the "Alarm clock"?

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Any way to disable the "Alarm clock"?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:58:30 -0700

On Fri, 28 May 2010 01:55:25 +0800, Holger Hans Peter Freyther
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 05/28/2010 01:32 AM, Rick Flower wrote:
>
>> I'll look some more.. to see what is causing this.. It's hard to
>> tell without a stackdump..
>
> Is gdb available for Solaris? or can dbx break in sigaction and support
> conditional breakpoints? Or what about DTrace? It should be fairly easy
> to see who is calling sigaction.

I've got gdb (not dbx) and no you can not break on system
functions like sigaction.. I set a breakpoint in the only
place in the code that calls sigaction and it triggers
but I see no issue with what is being done there.

I suppose it might be possible to override and specify
a local version of sigaction that does nothing but
monitor the arguments but I'm not sure that can be done
or what side effects it might cause because the 'real'
sigaction would not be called at all..

-- Rick