Re: [Help-smalltalk] Persistency

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Persistency
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 17:31:56 +0200

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 17:11, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to start a project, and I think I will try it under GST.
>
> The project, will be a SaaS application. I don't know under what framework.
> Iliad? I don't know. I'm in planning.

Yes, why not.

> DBI (MySql, Postgres)? some tutorial or something to learn how to use it?,
> other type of persistence?

MySQL or Postgres are a good choice.  Alternatively SandstoneDb, or
ObjectDumper, or just image-based persistance.  If you don't use a
"real" database, however, I'd develop also a secondary persistance
scheme (based on XML or something like that) to use in case something
goes wrong in the image.