Re: [Help-smalltalk] Storing local code in a local repository?

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Storing local code in a local repository?
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:03:53 -0700

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:14:35 +0200, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/03/2010 08:01 PM, Rick Flower wrote:
>> So, here's my directory setup :
>>
>> ~/gst/share/smalltalk/site-packages
>> ~/gst/share/smalltalk/site-packages/packages.xml
>> ~/gst/share/smalltalk/site-packages/VisualWorksExtensions.st
>> ~/gst/share/smalltalk/packages.xml
>>
>> I've added offending lines to the ~/gst/share/smalltalk/packages.xml
>> with no change in behavior..  Is there supposed to be a
>> new packages.xml in the 'site-packages' directory or
>> should it be part of the packages.xml one level up?
>
> Yes, it should be in the site-packages directory.  I'll test it in the
> weekend.

Paolo..

I was able to track it down.. I didn't realize (Duh!!!) that
the package name must match the name you've asked to load..
Once I did that all was good..

Below is my sample packages.xml file :

<packages>
<package>
  <name>VisualWorksExtensions</name>
  <filein>VisualWorksExtensions.st</filein>
  <file>VisualWorksExtensions.st</file>
</package>
</packages>

The following line causes this package to be loaded:

PackageLoader fileInPackage: #VisualWorksExtensions.

If we can get this included as a regular feature, that would
be great! Thanks again!

-- Rick