Re: [Help-smalltalk] Question regarding DatagramSocket...

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Question regarding DatagramSocket...
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:16:27 +0800

On 06/11/2010 08:29 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Hard to say without seeing the patch. :-)

This is Work In Progress so there is no ChangeLog entry.

The change in Sockets.st is to make:

    Sockets.DatagramSocket local: '0.0.0.0' port: 23000

Somehow using '23.0.0.0' will not throw an exception, and the bind fails
but no exception is thrown as well (it bound to 0.0.0.0:0). There is at
least another bug, I should create the localAddr first and then try to
derive the addressClass from that or create a local bind.

>> 2.) I am using the DatagramSocket>>next selector to receive the
>> datagram, I had to increase the default buffersize... but now all
>> (Datagram>>data)>>size return the size. I looked down into
>> AbstrackSocketImpl.st and the receive does not check the return value of
>> TCPrecvfrom at all. I have added a dataSize to Datagram and set the
>> return value there...

The second part is to introduce two new selectors to Datagram. One is
#dataSize the other is #dataSize, the Socket Impl. will set the return
value of the TCPrecvfrom as dataSize. This way a caller can find out how
big a datagram was, on the sending side I only want to send as much data
as I have received, so I introduced a #payloadSize which decides how
much of data to send. If dataSize is not set (or reset) it will fallback
to data size.

so how does that look?