Re: [Help-smalltalk] Persistency

From: Tim Felgentreff
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Persistency
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:52:25 +0200

Hi
I exported JSON and SCouchDB from Squeaksource to gst and started fixing a few
incompatibilites. JSON tests have a few failures, it  works for simple data,
though (associations and numbers with the '123e2' notation are broken - UTF8
gives errors, but that's also in Squeak Trunk atm).

I haven't converted the test for SCouchDB, yet (I'm using Gitocello for
automatic file-out and conversion, and for some reason it breaks on the
SCouchDBAdapter test class).
No matter anyway, as the CouchDB adapter to the databse isn't working yet (it
uses SocketStream and NetNameResolver and I have not found the time to find
alternatives to those classes in gst). Converting to and from couch documents
should work, though.

If you have time to burn and are interested, the projects are at
github.com/timfel/JSON and github.com/timfel/SCouchDB

Regards,
Tim