[Help-smalltalk] Building GST under Windows

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Building GST under Windows
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 18:54:55 +0200

Hi all,

I'm building and installing GST in all my machines. I have OSX, Slackware and
Windows. In Linux, the build was like a charm. All ok, and VisualGST working
without troubles. In OSX, thanks to recent instructions from Paolo builds ok
too (in 32 bits), and once I open remote connection for Paolo, I hope soon in
64 bits, and now, I'm looking to get GTK working too.

In windows, is a pain. I think I'm getting closer, and I suppose I will get
builded soon, but I know GTK will not work.

I installed Cygwin, but, I don't know why, a simple ./configure takes a lot to
print only one line of what he's doing, and now, I'm fighting to get MinGW/MSys
with some troubles too.

When I wrote Windows Build guide.

For this, I would like to ask one question.
For GST builded against GTK, what is needed exactly? Could be enough, to get
GTK binaries for Windows, and link to them with some option in configure? I
need to build GTK from MinGW?

Cheers.