[Help-smalltalk] How does one use the debugger?

From: Stephen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] How does one use the debugger?
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:37:16 +1300

Hi All,

Could someone give me a hint on how to use the debugger please.

I tried this to see what would happen..
| db a b |
a := b := 1.
db := Debugger on:
  [a := 5.
  b := 6.] newProcess.
a displayNl.
db step.
a displayNl.

However no change to a.

In any case, the code above isn't interactive.

Also found MiniDebugger which has menu options with exactly the functions I want, and is interactive. Is this working (the code has old formatting) and if so, how does one use it?

Thanks
Stephen