[Help-Smalltalk] How to use VisualGST ?

From: Gwenaël Casaccio
Subject: [Help-Smalltalk] How to use VisualGST ?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 15:35:42 +0100

Hi,

I just want to share a safe way to use VisualGST. As most of you know
VisualGST is a pretty young software and can still crash. Using
the image to save the environment is nice but not safe enough.

So I propose for who want to safely use VisualGST (even if it's more stable):

  - create a namespace for your project
  - save it (fileout namespace with the popup menu)
  - create a package.xml (the first time)
  and with gst-browser reload your package.

I plan for the next release to improve the package source and thus
generate a package.xml with it, and also a way to reload a package.

I hope it can improve your VisualGST experience ;-)

Cheers,
Gwen