[Help-smalltalk] re-loading code

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] re-loading code
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:55:12 +0100

Greetings,

I'm looking into writing another webapp with gst/iliad.

Given that I keep my code in one file per class, and that I define
a namespace for my package via package.xml, what is the best way
to reload the code for a single class so that I don't have to
walk the "gst-remote --kill ; gst-package ; gst-remote --server"
path so often?

As an example consider the following workflow

  gst iliad/scripts/PackageBuilder.st -a package.st > package.xml
  gst-package -t ~/.st package.xml
  echo "PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Iliad'; fileInPackage: 'App'.
ObjectMemory snapshot: 'iliad.im'" | gst
  gst-remote --server --port $PRIVATE_PORT -I iliad.im 2>&1 | tee iliad.log &
  vi MyWidget.st
  ???

How do I get the updated MyWidget code into the running iliad.im
so that the next invocation actually uses the new code?

I just can't see it.

Time for a walk, obviously,
s.