[Help-smalltalk] c-call-out and c-call-in with struct.

From: Mathieu Suen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] c-call-out and c-call-in with struct.
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:47:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

Will writing the objc binding I bump into a issue regarding c struct as
parameter and return value.
For example the NSView>>#bounds return a NSRect and
NSWindow>>#initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:
take a NSRect as first parameter.

I have a quick look at ffi to see if pass-by-value of a struct (with a size
grater than 8bit) was available

and on OSX 64bit the answer is yes for parameter. I didn't make the test for
return value.

Now in gst everything is bound to a cparam so that is going to make a lot of
refactoring in other to have c struct pass-by-value.

So what do you think.
I am ready to make the change if that's worth it.

Mathieu