Re: [Help-smalltalk] SoapOpera port for GNU Smalltalk

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] SoapOpera port for GNU Smalltalk
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 16:31:29 +0100

On 02/27/2011 03:54 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 02/27/2011 11:47 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>> I have the current code here[1]. The two issues with the SoapCore that are
>> left is date parsing of DateTime>>#readFrom: and that our XML Parser
>> integration does not make the namespaces available as attributes.
>
> What exactly is the problem with XML?  Namespace declarations are not
> attributes, they have their own SAX events and (I think) their own
> representation in the DOM.  If not, the latter can be added.

Hey,

the issue is with the testcode that parses the SOAP Document and then tries to
to verify the namespaces inside this document. Gitorious seems to have issues
right now and I can't point you to the code. The other part, also more with
the test code, it tries to parse some elements and the Squeak/Pharo XML parser
will not complain about missing namespaces, I subclassed the XMLParser to add
this behavior as well. Once I have my HTTP client integration I can see if
there is any real world implication...