[Help-smalltalk] Coding workflow

From: Anselm Strauss
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Coding workflow
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:22:13 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering what people's coding workflow looks like in GNU
Smalltalk. I have used Squeak a lot and of course know about Eclipse and
all this fancy stuff. There is visual gst but I was more interested in
the good old vim/emacs way.

- How to keep the overview over the code? Use folding in the editor? Use
ctags to jump between files and lines? Is there something like an
outline e.g. for all classes in a file?

- How to look up documentation and external source code? Extract all
star packages and generate the HTML documentation?

- How to debug? Is there an inspector during debugging?

- How to deal with namespaces? If they are defined in the package.xml of
a star package, does this not break when I use the extracted code while
developing.

Thanks for any ideas,
Anselm Strauss