[Help-smalltalk] Re: Jtalk, a Smalltalk for web developers

From: ZuLuuuuuu
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Jtalk, a Smalltalk for web developers
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:12:48 -0700 (PDT)

I am pretty foreign for such js web development frameworks but wanted to fire
a few questions right away:

 - As far as I understand, it is only for client-side programming so it is
not a replacement for Iliad which was for server-side programming? In fact
it seems like a complementary technology for a web framework like Iliad, is
that true?

 - How can we (or can we (or should we)) bring together two applications
written in Iliad and Jtalk? If yes, a hello world example which uses two
frameworks together would be great.

 - For example, when I think of the forum I wrote, the whole application
except for the persistency part could be written in Jtalk? Can I somehow mix
it? If yes, which parts of the forum should be written in Jtalk and which
parts in Iliad (from parts I mean UI, persistancy etc.)?

The questions are actually pretty similar to each other but the last one is
to get a real world example :)

-----
Canol Gökel