Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2.4 released

From: Travis Griggs
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2.4 released
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:08:48 -0700

Unfortunately, the expression

gst-package --download grease -t ~/.st

still fails after a successful build of 3.2.4. :(

Looking at the source and line numbers, it looks like someone is passing nil to
Filename>>asAbsolute:

So this is a great for me to ask one of those "transition" questions. As a
VisualWorks developer (and in most Smalltalks such as Squeak as well), I'd get
an error notifier at this point, and hit the debug button, and up would come
the Smalltalk killer app: It's own debugger, and I'd look at things and figure
out what went wrong. I'm guessing GST, at least in this mode, is different.
So... what do people do when confronted with one of these exception traces on
stderr?

--
Travis Griggs
address@hidden