[Help-smalltalk] Re: GNU Smalltalk Monthly Digest (April 2011)

From: ZuLuuuuuu
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: GNU Smalltalk Monthly Digest (April 2011)
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 08:51:03 -0700 (PDT)

ZuLuuuuuu wrote:

> Welcome to GNU Smalltalk (GST) monthly digest, a place to find a summary
> of happenings from the world of GST. If you don't know what GST is, you
> can look at [1] to learn more about this beautiful programming language.
>
> Here are some of the news happened last month:
>

>  - Nicolas Petton announced Jtalk. Jtalk is an implementation of the
> Smalltalk language that runs on top of the JavaScript runtime:
>

> http://forum.world.st/Jtalk-a-Smalltalk-for-web-developers-td3354669.html
>
>  - Gwenael Casaccio is now a part of Planet GNOME:
>
>    http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/mrgwen/hello-planet-gnome
>
>  - GNU Smalltalk 3.2.4 released:
>
>    http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/mrgwen/gnu-smalltalk-3-2-4
>
>  - GNU Smalltalk 4.1 is also released:
>
>    http://forum.world.st/GNU-Smalltalk-4-1-released-td3419830.html
>
>  - Mathieu Suen explains how to use MiniDebugger, a command line debugger
> for GST:
>
>    http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/mathk/how-use-minideubgger
>
>  - The WebQA did an interview with Nicolas Petton:
>

> http://www.thewebqa.com/javascript/nicolas-petton-on-smalltalk-on-the-javascript-runtime/
>
>  - Chasing memory leaks:
>
>    http://forum.world.st/Strategy-to-finding-memleaks-td3438067.html
>

> [1] GNU Smalltalk is a free implementation of the Smalltalk-80 programming
> language. It runs on most POSIX compatible operating systems (including
> GNU/Linux, of course), as well as under Windows. Smalltalk is a dynamic,
> purely object-oriented programming language, also well-versed in scripting
> tasks. You can get more information from:
>
> http://smalltalk.gnu.org/
>
> Mailing list:
>
> http://smalltalk.gnu.org/community/ml
> http://forum.world.st/Gnu-f1290346.html
>
> Blogs:
>
> http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog
>
> Wiki:
>
> http://smalltalk.gnu.org/wiki

Hello,

While I was using Tcl mailing list there was (and still is) a weekly
Tcl-URL, some kind of report which summarizes what happened during the week.
I enjoyed it very much so today I thought why not do it for GST? So here it
is :) I might create a wiki page for it so that everyone can suggest what to
add for the next month's digest. Suggestions are welcome...

-----
Canol Gökel