Re: [Help-smalltalk] Crashes due the async queue running over

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Crashes due the async queue running over
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:38:39 +0200

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 18:12, Holger Hans Peter Freyther
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have attached the GDB backtrace and the two variables from frame 3 that
> decide that we end up in the abort. I have also the strace output.
>
> do you have any idea of what is going wrong?

How many sockets are open?  In any case, the simplest thing is to
register the signal handler itself as an async call (a kind of "bottom
half") so that the signals can then be done synchronously.

The problem is that _gst_async_call must be signal-safe, so it cannot
call malloc.