Re: [Help-smalltalk] Building on OSX/Command Line Tool

From: Gwenaël Casaccio
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Building on OSX/Command Line Tool
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 19:58:03 +0200

On 02/08/2011 19:30, Travis Griggs wrote:
I've got an ambitious goal. I put together a little workspace script in
VisualWorks. It takes two input parameters, and spits stuff out on stdout.

I'd like to realize it as a command line program, but using GST. I'm running on
OSX (Lion). I have a colleague who's running on OSX (Snow Leopard). I'd like to
be able to put it together on my mac. And then share it with him, hoping I can
just Skype him a couple of files.

I'd love to show that I could do this in one day, I'm skeptical, but prepared
to be wowed. Am I dreaming too big?

I don't need/want to do any of the VisualGST stuff right now. Macports isn't an
option for me.

My first issue, is that I git cloned the latest sources (as per
http://smalltalk.gnu.org/download/cvs) and now want to follow the OSX build
directions located at (http://smalltalk.gnu.org/wiki/building-gst-guides).
Problem is, I don't have a 'configure' script in the checked out repository.

TIA! I'm on the irc channel today as well.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist