Re: [Help-smalltalk] Building on OSX/Command Line Tool

From: Gwenael Casaccio
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Building on OSX/Command Line Tool
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 16:04:14 +0200

On 08/02/2011 08:38 PM, Travis Griggs wrote:
On Aug 2, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:

Hi,

I've installed gst with homebrew (https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew)
and it works well.

This is new to me Gwen. I did download brew/installed it. But then when
i do a brew install gnu-smalltalk, I just crash and burn trying to build
readline apparently.

I can plink away at that. Sigh.

But the bigger issue for me is this. Does this mean that get a simple
executable where it's relatively self contained and small and can be
passed to my buddy is a pipe dream? Will he too have to dl and install a
bunch of stuff to make gst work on this box?

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

So I've the master version of GST compiled with homebrew, I could
make a tarball of the binary so you could test ? I've done the same
for the windows binaries.

I don't know it the binaries are going to work with you, but it's worth to try.

Gwen