Re: [Help-smalltalk] ChangeSet

From: Gwenael Casaccio
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] ChangeSet
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:25:52 +0200

On 09/06/2011 05:41 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On 09/06/2011 11:33 AM, Gwenael Casaccio wrote:
Hi,

Today I release ChangeSet support for gst; a change set
record all the changes of your working session into a change
file. Thus if gst crashes you can recover all your changes.
The changes are stored in a file in $HOME/.st/changeset/....
This is a text file but all the changes are Smalltalk commands
thus you can filein the file and rebuild all the changes,
or do whatever you want.

This is a first release thus I need to polish the API, may be
add new events, AND do a UI for VisualGST :-D. But this is a good
start.

Very nice. Have you thought about adding an undo stack? This could
replace more parts of VisualGST.

Paolo

Thanks, I've think about that it's possible but it only works with code and not for lively instances (removing an instance variable). but that's something I will consider :-)

Gwen