Re: [Help-smalltalk] Funny Delay timer bug with image suspend and resump

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Funny Delay timer bug with image suspend and resumption
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:34:55 +0200

On 09/22/2011 10:12 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
Okay, how to move forward then:

a)

we keep track of alarms and we expire them on image resume? this will probably
require modifications to the image format? We use addDependent on Time to
save/restore the millisecondsClockValue?

No modifications to the image, try the attached patch.

b)

We just let each Delay expire after a image restoration?

I'm not sure I like this.  Let the Delays expire in due time.

different:
Looking at the code, it appears that Process signal: atMilliseconds can only
be used by one user on the VM?

Yes, the delay process multiplexes it.