Re: [Help-smalltalk] Automake vs. Automake-NG

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Automake vs. Automake-NG
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:54:03 +0200

On 08/21/2012 05:49 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Il 21/08/2012 17:42, Stefano Lattarini ha scritto:
>> Not sed, no (maybe you can try it to see how the conversion goes from someone
>> not involved in Automake-NG as I am?).  But grep, coreutils, m4 (1.4.x
>> branch),
>> bison, dejagnu, parted and autoconf has already been successfully converted:
>>
>>   <https://github.com/slattarini/coreutils-am-ng>
>>   <https://github.com/slattarini/grep-am-ng>
>>   [ ... and so on, you got the gist ... ]
>
> Splitting the patches like you did for GNU Smalltalk would be great, so
> we can get the early part merged as soon as possible.

Sorry, but I lack the time for that right now.  I'll certainly help interested
maintainers to proceed to such more gradual conversion, once they're ready to
take the burden for it, but for the time being I'm just interested in verifying
that those packages actually work correctly and quickly enough with Automake-NG
(doing so has already proven useful to avoid bugs and performance regressions).

Regards,
  Stefano