Re: [Help-smalltalk] Best way to find if a string begins with a particul

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Best way to find if a string begins with a particular string..
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 06:38:37 -0700

On 17.10.2012 00:53, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

[...]
That's slightly heavy artillery. :)

I was thinking the same thing.. but, hey.. options are options!! :-)

Gwen has just beaten me to the answer, the method you want is
#startsWith:.

Awesome -- not sure how I missed that one.. will check it out!  Thx!!

Remember to look for methods in CharacterArray, not just String.

Yeah, I was poking around in all of the String classes and their
respective parent classes to see what I could find.. Apparently I
didn't look hard enough!  Thanks all!