[Help-smalltalk] _gst_mem.numWeakOOPs can be wrong?

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] _gst_mem.numWeakOOPs can be wrong?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 10:04:58 +0100

Hi Paolo,

I'm reading the oop.c file right now and I noticed a minor issue when it
comes to count the numWeakOOPs. The _gst_make_oop_weak method is doing
this:

1.) add F_WEAK to the OOP flags
2.) Increment _gst_mem.numWeakOOPs by one
3.) Find the right place in the RB tree to add a child..
3.a) If a leaf was reached.. stop
3.b) If the OOP is present return.

In case of 3.b) the numWeakOOPs will be wrong. Now I obviously don't
know when this case might occur but maybe we should either move the
increment to after the allocation or add an abort() instead of a return?

holger