Re: [Help-smalltalk] Sending 'Recompiling' messages to stderr instead o

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Sending 'Recompiling' messages to stderr instead of stdout?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 06:48:41 -0700

On 31.10.2012 03:51, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Il 30/10/2012 18:39, Rick Flower ha scritto:

So, I've got a few scripts that use the XML package.. When I bring that
package in I get the messages below emitted to stdout along with the
output of my script. In light of the fact that this script will be used in an environment where someone using the script won't know what these
messages mean, I was thinking it'd be nice to send those to stderr
instead of stdout. That way I can, as the script writer, choose whether or not stderr output is seen or not.. Are there any pitfalls to doing
something like this?

Makes sense! Would you like to try writing a patch?

Sure.. I could also move to the latest version and check it out against
Solaris 8 -- last time I did this I know there were a few issues and
provided feedback.. Hopefully this time will be a bit easier..

--Rick