[Help-smalltalk] More Solaris 8 fun..

From: Rick Flower
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] More Solaris 8 fun..
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:41:38 -0700

Ok.. Some minor issues I ran across using the 3.2 snapshot from github :

1) environ is undefined for Solaris 8 + GCC 4.1.0 -- I needed to add the
missing "extern char** environ;" somewhere near the top of cint.c

2) various sync functions are missing (e.g. __sync_bool_compare_and_swap)
from this version of GCC (4.1.0) -- as these did not go in until 4.2..
Any ideas on how to proceed with this? The code in gstpriv.h does not appear to be conditional so everyone is expected to have it.. I realize my compiler
is 6 years old -- that's new compared to some of the other compilers we
use around here (gcc-2.95.3 dated March 2001) for production work (can't
change)

At this point I'm out of luck I think..