Re: [Help-smalltalk] More Solaris 8 fun..

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] More Solaris 8 fun..
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 07:19:34 -0700

On 02.11.2012 03:02, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

2) various sync functions are missing (e.g.
__sync_bool_compare_and_swap) from this version of GCC (4.1.0) -- as
these did not go in until 4.2.. Any ideas on how to proceed with this? The code in gstpriv.h does not appear to be conditional so everyone is
expected to have it..

Yes, that's the case indeed.

Ok.. Can we at least get the web page changed to show that a gcc-4.2+
compiler is required to build the github snapshots?  Sounds like we're
not looking back.. Eventually once the next release is made it should
also be listed as a regular prerequisite/assumption.  I'm not convinced
it's time well spent looking for an alternative for Sparc/Solaris at
this point.