Re: [Help-smalltalk] Roadmap

From: Janko Mivšek
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Roadmap
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:58:44 +0100

Hi Paolo,

Dne 17. 01. 2013 14:48, piše Paolo Bonzini:

>> So, a patch would be submitted on GST, later ported to VW and production
>> tested, then down-ported to all other dialects. This is how is a current
>> procedure but this can be changed of course.
>
> Honestly, I'd be reluctant to do that because I am still waiting for my
> Swazoo improvements (both portability fixes and performance
> improvements) to be committed, after 2 years---even though I did the
> porting to Pharo myself and submitted nice changesets.

"Don't touch if it works" mentality is in works here, I admit :) That
is, Swazoo works, and it was spent quite some time in optimizations by
me before. Including input/output streaming support. To include your
patches would need quite some time carefully integrating, testing etc..
Are they improve Swazoo so much to be worth spend that time? Not that I
won't integrate them, but I really don't have much time these days.
That's why only important things like WebSocket support were integrated
recently.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek