[Help-smalltalk] [bug] Parsing of selectors with underscore is broken

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] [bug] Parsing of selectors with underscore is broken
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 14:31:10 -0700

Issue status update for http://smalltalk.gnu.org/node/716 Post a follow up: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/comments/add/716

Project:      GNU Smalltalk
Version:      <none>
Component:    STInST
Category:     bug reports

When parsing the GemStone MontiCello definition I stumbled about two
issues:

st> STInST.RBParser parseExpression: 'self _foo'
RBAssignmentNode(self := foo)

st> STInST.RBParser parseExpression: '[:x:y | x+y]'
Object: RBParser new "<0x55913658>" error: (a #String):1: Variable name
expected
Error(Exception)>>signal (ExcHandling.st:254)

According to ANSI Smalltalk the '_' is reserved by the implementation.
Either we parse it or we reject it but it is certainly not an
assignment?

The other one appears to be valid according to ANSI Smalltalk.