[Help-smalltalk] Fun with Pharo generated source.st

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Fun with Pharo generated source.st
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 18:51:40 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to convert/import all of Iliad (since the development had
moved to Pharo) and I stumble up-on an issue I already had when I tried
to convert Aida.

This[1] monticello file in line 6417 starts to use UCS-4 for a string
and then stops at some characters later.  Importing the file using
FileStream is failing in Pharo as well.

There doesn't appear to be a BOM before the UCS-4 so I wonder if we
can detect it or not. Maybe it is time to use more of MontiCello to
read these files directly.

ideas?

holger

[1]http://www.squeaksource.com/IliadDev/Iliad-Core0.9.1-SebastienAudier.5.mcz