Re: [Help-smalltalk] JIT crashes due non-executable memory

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] JIT crashes due non-executable memory
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 19:32:30 +0200

On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 06:46:42PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out where the -1 is coming from and when
> > the context is changed but searching for sp and and -1 is not
> > really helping. :)
>
> The BlockClosure>>#asContext: was changed in 2007 in git revision
> 51f4dffef9df9095e59801df57741bd1a9458fd3.

Hi,

another weekend, another attempt at the JIT. I am debugging a crash
with a Magritte test:

    testCalculated [
        <category: 'testing'>
        | object dummy |
        object := MADynamicObject on: [Time millisecondClockValue].
        dummy := object yourself.
        (Delay forMilliseconds: 2) wait.
        self assert: dummy < object yourself
    ]

it is crashing inside the Delay process.. and after a lot of stepi
inside the GDB tui I am at the point where unwind_context is restoring
a wrong native_ip and it is jumping somewhere else. This means that
at some point the ic->native_ip is wrong (or I don't understand how
the ipOffset is set inside the context...). (or the IC is read from
somewhere wrong/after a GC...)

any ideas or feedback on the two patches?

cheers
        holger