Re: [Help-smalltalk] Ignore Makefile.frag

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Ignore Makefile.frag
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:30:39 +0200

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 11:48:46AM +0200, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
> Hi,

Dear Gwenaël,

> This patch removes Makefile.frag and add a rule to ignore them in .gitignore

I would greatly appreciate if your commit messages could include
some sentences including answers to 'why?'. This is because in
a couple of years I will be able to figure out what was done but
I might not be able to fully understand why and what has been
fixed.

There are two issues with the change:

  * make dist/make distcheck is failing because for lightning
    Makefile.frag is inside the EXTRA_DIST
  * The generated Makefile.frag now have no files (e.g. broken
    dependency tracking). The issue is we need to have a GST_PACKAGE
    before we can build these files and this depedency does not
    appear to be in the rule that creates the Makefile.frag.

please update your patch
        holger