Re: [Help-smalltalk] MiniDebugger package

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] MiniDebugger package
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 11:01:18 +0200

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 07:18:12PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 05:20:16PM +0200, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've moved the MiniDebugger from examples to packages/debug/debugger.
> > It uses the new syntax and prints temporary and argument names and values.
>
> it is easier to review if just gst-convert has been ran.

Dear Gwenaël,

I applied your changes (and split them up, replaced spaces for tabs in
the ChangeLog, removed MiniDebugger.st from the README/package.xml). I
have pushed this as gwen-debug-patches to my github page.

What I think is missing:

 * Make VisualGST's Debugger understand >>debug: too
 * Separation of code and inspecting the context:

 (debug) s
 String class(Behavior)>>new (Builtins.st:57)
 args:
 temps:
      1 new [

 is hard to read...

 * [3+3] debug stepping into value doesn't really work. Same for
   [3 perform: #+ with: 3] debug... somehow stepping doesn't really
   work. Do you have an idea why?

thanks
        holger