Re: [Help-smalltalk] Eval code in debugger

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Eval code in debugger
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 07:47:02 +0200

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:17:33AM +0200, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The patch allows code evaluation while debugging and
> allows to use the temps and the args name in the evaluated
> code.

lovely! the debugger is getting more and more usable and showing
the power of Smalltalk/GST.

>      inspectIt: object [
>          <category: 'smalltalk event'>
>
> -        self focusedWidget inspectIt: object
> +        codeWidget hasFocus ifFalse: [ ^ self focusedWidget inspectIt:
> object ].
> +        codeWidget hasSelection ifFalse: [ ^ self ].
> +        (debugger eval: codeWidget selectedText) gtkInspect.

something is not right. E.g. when I don't have anything selected
in the code widget and no blinking cursor but the variable in
"variables" is selected and I press CTRL+I I would want the inspector
to popup on the variable but somehow I get an inspector with
Behavior.

Can you reproduce this? My example is the '1234' do: [:each | ]
again.

holger