Re: [Help-smalltalk] Removes postInitialize

From: Gwenaël Casaccio
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Removes postInitialize
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 22:01:56 +0200

On 24/10/2013 11:16, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Il 24/10/2013 03:55, Gwenaël Casaccio ha scritto:
Hi,

here is a new patch that *finally* removes postInitialize calls
it also makes the widget and compoments showed by default.
ENOPATCH :)

Paolo

:)

So what was the issue with postInitialize, the widgets initialization
code was a mess, sometimes you've to call manually initialize sometimes
not, sometimes you've to do it with postInitialize sometimes not.
So the idea with the whole sets of patches is to rely only on initialize,
so as a first step I've called postInitialize in initialize and with that patch I remove those calls. Also I've added a call to showAll (should be renamed show) in widget initialization this is what I expect in 99% of the time and it simplify
some widget creation when some sub-widgets needs to be hidden.

Gwen