Re: [Help-smalltalk] STInST Parser and parsing Glut (and other code)

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] STInST Parser and parsing Glut (and other code)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:01:52 +0100

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 06:32:47AM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> GNUPlot:
>   GNUPlot.GNUPlot exsists breaking the look-up (just like Cairo did
>   before renaming it). Now there is Already GPPlot as a class. The
>   question is if I should use GNUPlot.Plot?

I used the VisualGST Debugger (and found some more issues) but looking
at the stack trace I saw that the STEvaluationDriver is doing:

        method := evalFor class compilerClass
                    compile: node
                    asMethodOf: evalFor class
                    classified: nil
                    parser: self
                    environment: Namespace current.
        [lastResult := evalFor perform: method] valueWithUnwind.

in the case of GNUPlot "evalFor class" is UndefinedObject,
environment should be self currentNamespace (and not Namespace)
but the compiled method is still doing:

        "Smalltalk.GNUPlot instanceVariables: 'abc def'"

while it should be:

        "GNUPlot.GNUPlot instanceVariables: 'abc def'".

So it appears that the STCompiler is somehow "ignoring" the namespace
that I pass in? Paolo do you have an idea of why that is the case?

holger