Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on ARM - Raspberry Pi

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on ARM - Raspberry Pi
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:38:05 +0200

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 08:20:25AM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> the nice thing about autoconf is that it creates a config.log. My guess
> is that it doesn't look in /usr/local/lib itself. Did you set LDFLAGS and
> point it to /usr/local/lib?

I started a build on FreeBSD -CURRENT and yes you need something like

setenv LDFLAGS "-L/usr/local/lib -lexecinfo"
setenc CPPFLAGS "-I/usr/local/include"

(the need for CPPFLAGS is a bug, the need for -lexecinfo is a bug
as well. "backtrace" is new FreeBSD10 and we need to update our
autoconf tests)

You will need to install libffi, zip, flex, bison and libgmp as well
and you will need to use "gmake" instead of BSD make.

There are some test failures on FreeBSD as well but I didn't have the
time to check the source of them. Could you help with that?

holger