[Help-smalltalk] DBI.Connection call yields "Object: nil error: did not

From: Mark Bratcher
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] DBI.Connection call yields "Object: nil error: did not understand #atEnd" in ST 3.2.91-b98173d
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:31:59 -0400

Hello

I've been using GNU Smalltalk 3.2.5 with DBI without any serious issues. However, when I tried version 3.2.91-b98173d, I get an error attempting to connect to a simple MySQL database:

|st> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'DBI' Loading package ROE Loading package DBI PackageLoader st> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'DBD-MySQL' Loading package ObjectDumper Loading package Sockets Loading package DBI Loading package Digest Loading package DBD-MySQL PackageLoader st> db := DBI.Connection connect: 'dbi:MySQL:dbname=test_database' user: 'name' password: 'mypassword' Object: nil error: did not understand #atEnd |

I have 3.2.5 and 3.2.91-b98173d in two different source directories. When I want to use one of them, I use `make install` to install it. I'm assuming that the `make install` will overwrite whatever it needs to in library/binary folders to operate properly. Is this not a good assumption?

Thanks