Re: [Help-smalltalk] DBI.Connection call yields "Object: nil error: did

From: Mark Bratcher
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] DBI.Connection call yields "Object: nil error: did not understand #atEnd" in ST 3.2.91-b98173d
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 22:51:50 -0400

Holger

I believe I found the problem.

The socket is connecting fine. But digging into the connection code, I found that a `class new` operation now automatically calls the `initialize` method in 3.2.91-b98173d, but it does not do so in 3.2.5. This causes a problem in the MySQLPacket and MySQLInputPacket connection code and results in `MySQLInputPacket >> initialize` being called too early in `^(self new) stream: aStream ; initialize` inside of ` MySQLPacket class >> on: aStream`. It's called automatically on `self new` before the stream is set.

Mark