Re: [Help-smalltalk] Blox and browser

From: Holger Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Blox and browser
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 12:26:44 +0100

> On 21 Jan 2016, at 23:13, address@hidden wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hi!

>  Thanks for the quick reply. I will try your suggestions here and in
>  the other email over the weekend and let you know. I'm not that
>  worried about blox if I can get the other browser working.

my pleasure.

>  What do you normally use to edit your code? I'm finding the
>  smalltalk-mode in Emacs to be a bit weird when it comes to handling
>  indentation.

I use:
        * git grep kernel/ if I already have an idea what I search
        * gst-browser to look at the class methods
        * gst-browser and the debugger/inspector if I know what I want
        (and get deadlocks from time to time)
        * gst-sunit -p package.xml (with the option to spawn the debugger)
        * vim + Smalltalk removeFeature: #PackageName. PackageLoader
        loadPackageFromFile: '...' to reload it.

In terms of gst-browser I am only aware of deadlocks in the debugger
that are caused by re-entering the eventloop. I am happy to guide you
through the code if you want to have a look.

holger