Re: [Help-smalltalk] Blox and browser

From: Holger Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Blox and browser
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 16:55:44 +0100

> On 21 Jan 2016, at 21:21, Holger Freyther <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 21 Jan 2016, at 20:48, Holger Freyther <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> PList doesn't seem to have a parentView when >>#initialize is called. This
>> sounds like a fallout from my changes to >>#new changes I made in commit:
>> 4a224a329b5e63ab6ed432f437eb822e995ae64d. You could try a version before
>> that commit?
>
> Okay, I have caused that fall-out. The below is a workaround. I will probably
> end up renaming the >>#initialize routine. This way the class browser and
> namespace view, senders/implementors have worked.

I have fixed the workspace Do It/Print In/Inspect handling as well. Before your
mail I have never used gst-blox and actually it is quite neat and from a couple
of minutes trying I have a wishlist and wonder if you would like to collaborate
with me on this?

* TCL/TK is polled when GST is idle and if GST is really idle it will call into
Tcl a lot and take some CPU.

* File-Out seems to be broken (from an older change). There seems to be file-out
handling in two classes and one of them looks incomplete. Should be fairly easy
to fix.

* Text selection (e.g. CTRL+A) does not appear to work and is probably fairly
simple to fix as well.

* I have seen a wrong line number in the debugger, that might be a bit more
tricky
to resolve.

* Trying to add a variable as instance variable in the class browser didn't seem
to work.

In terms of gst-browser. in a 32bit Debian 8.2 I can launch gst-browser and
browse
the class hierachy, have simple inspect/print/do it functionality as well.

holger