Re: [Help-smalltalk] Problem when using NCurses

From: Holger Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Problem when using NCurses
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 22:18:25 +0200

> On 28 Mar 2016, at 12:19, olivier auverlot <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I have dug in the mailing list archive and I found a similar problem. It
> seems that I must write the following code:
>
> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'NCurses'.
>
> DLD addLibrary: 'libncurses.so.5'.
> NCWindow clock.
>
> The code snippet runs fine but it's correct ? Can we do better ?

Yes, if you have a look at the packages/ncurses/package.xml file you will
notice that it already has a libncurses.so dependency. We will need to add a
.la/.so symlink in the plugins directory to not have to try the specific
version number.

E.g. if you run "strace" on gst could you see which directories are being tried
to find a "libncurses.so"?

holger