Re: [Help-smalltalk] How to use GTK.GtkDialog? [

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] How to use GTK.GtkDialog? [
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 11:32:02 +0200

On 2018-10-23 at 08:51, Garreau, Alexandre wrote:
> On 2018-10-16 at 14:23, Garreau, Alexandre wrote:
>> On 2018-10-16 at 07:50, bill-auger wrote:
>>> if the task at hand is plainly "present a GUI dialog window to the
>>> user", then yes GNU smalltalk can already do that OOTB - surely it is
>>> not the exact name of the class that is important?
>>
>> I tried to use GTK.GtkDialog but were unable to find how to do.  I
>> didn’t find anything related in the manual, and the fact I still don’t
>> know GTK+ nor Smalltalk must harden the task ^^'  What’s the canonical
>> way of doing this? so I can check if it works here (I heard there were
>> issues in some distributions…)… and maybe from that experiment so that
>> to do more stuff.
>
> Is there a howto anywhere?  Or how am I supposed to use it? I’m not
> knowledgeful enough of Smalltalk to find out myself :/  did anybody made
> it work under Debian?

In the end I managed to open a windows this way:

(GTK.GtkMessageDialog new: nil flags: 0 type: 3 buttons: 0 message: 'This is a
test.') run
But it opens a blank (actually gray) unclosable window, and I don’t know
how to use it farther…

> I’m going to try recompiling gst myself if that can helps get it working.

Did it, but until now it seems to perform just the same so I temporarily
make uninstalled it.

PS: is text/smalltalk the right mime-type for smalltalk programs? I
didn’t find any registered.