help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Hack attack

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Hack attack
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:32:14 +0100 (CET)

> About the hash code, I remembered that I removed the usage of hash
> routines from variables.c, but I never commited that, so, do I should
> commit it?  (with this we could remove the htable.[ch])

I will need hash tables for Lisp scripting. On the other hand, I'm not
sure that the current implementation is up to the job (I want to be able
to index hash tables on things other than keys, for example, and the hash
tables probably need to be able to grow and shrink). So you could indeed
commit your change for the moment, and that would leave zile smaller. If
Lisp scripting ends up being optional (quite probable) then the smallest
build of zile will still be smaller (as hash tables can be compiled in
only if scripting is enabled).

> Well, I think that you should make another directory with other term
> type (you don't need to remove the current ncurses code).  Anyway I
> don't know nothing about termcap, so you should go alone.

I'm in agreement with you there. Using termcap is lower-level, so less
efficient, and might be more code as well. I'll see.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | impeccable, a.  not liable to detection (Bierce)