help-zile

[zile-devel] 2.0-a1 is code complete!

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: [zile-devel] 2.0-a1 is code complete!
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 23:11:51 +0200 (CEST)

After a lot of work on zile in the last few weeks, I have got zile 2.0-a1 to the point where it is code complete. That is, there are no more "high priority" todos. I admit that I cheated, in that I moved some previous high priority todos down to medium priority. However, most of
the important stuff is implemented, including fill-paragraph.

I have also continued to remove functionality that I consider
extraneous. Looking through tbl_funcs.h, I'm happy to report I can't
see anything there that I immediately want to remove any more!

My next goal with zile will be to get it working on EPOC OS. The
necessary patches are the only patches I propose to make between now
and 2.0 (other than fixing bugs that turn up, of course).

I welcome testing of the current code base, and suggest that having
fixed any bugs that turn up by November 1st, I make an alpha release
of 2.0-a1 (on 1st November, if possible). This probably won't include
the EPOC patches, unless I have more time than anticipated before
then (or the port is easier than I anticipate).

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | maximiste, n.  pessimiste (Roux)