help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Feature request

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Feature request
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:29:46 +0100 (CET)

Whole-word-deletion in the mini-buffer using M-backspace would be
really great.

I'll repeat: please file this as a feature request, but add the warning: unless one of the other developers picks it up, it's unlikely to happen any time soon, because the current implementation of minibuffer keybindings is brain-dead: the keystrokes are all implemented in special case code just for minibuffers. The correct solution is to make the minibuffer just a normal buffer, but I don't know when I'll have time to do that.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | egrep, n.  a bird that debugs bison