help-zile

[zile-devel] Zile porting to an embedded Linux System

From: Michael Herrmann
Subject: [zile-devel] Zile porting to an embedded Linux System
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:21:42 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to port zile 2.0.2 to an embedded Linux System with an Denx Kernel 2.4. I compiled zile <http://dict.leo.org/se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=successful>successfully with my cross compiler ppc_6xx-gcc. After that we copied the etc/zile binary to my target system and executed it. Zile was quitting with the message:

Could not access the termcap data base.
Trying to save modified buffers (if any)...

I think this is not an error of zile but an error of my ncurses. I read that the ncurses must have the version 5.4 but I use ncurses 5.2. Is that an problem, especially that causes the error message?

Do you have any experiances with that kind of using zile? Do you think it is in principle possible to use zile for this application?

I installed zile on my x86 host system and saw that the only dependencies for zile are the libncurses.so.5.4 (I have the libncurses.so.5.2). Is it adequate that this file is in the same directory as zile or in which place does zile await this library? Do I need more libraries?

I am very anxious for your answer and I hope you can help me.

Michael Herrmann