help-zile

[zile-devel] [ zile-Bugs-1806914 ] Zile resetsXTerm metaSendsEscape reso

From: SourceForge.net
Subject: [zile-devel] [ zile-Bugs-1806914 ] Zile resetsXTerm metaSendsEscape resource
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 05:44:23 -0700

Bugs item #1806914, was opened at 2007-10-03 05:44
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=117089&aid=1806914&group_id=17089

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Open an XTerm, bring up the Main Options menu (C-left-click), and make sure
that there is a tick shown against the "Meta Sends Escape" entry.

[Optional: see what happens when you try pressing Alt-F, Alt-B, Alt-backspace,
etc.  On my (default Ubuntu) install where Alt key generates Meta, this allows
me to move forward and back words and rubout words in the terminal.]

In the XTerm type "zile RET C-x C-c" to load and exit Zile.

Bring up the Main Options menu again, and observe that there is no longer a
tick against the "Meta Sends Escape" entry.

[Optional: if Alt-F et al. worked previously, try them now.  I get non-ASCII
high bit characters entered instead of movement commands.]

I'm using the versions of XTerm packaged with Ubuntu Edgy Eft and Feisty Fawn
distributions, which identify themselves as "XTerm(216)" and "XTerm(223)"
respectively.  Both versions exhibit the bug.