howto-kickstart

[Howto-kickstart] kickstart with FastTrack 100 Controller

From: Osvaldo Rentas
Subject: [Howto-kickstart] kickstart with FastTrack 100 Controller
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:21:08 -0400

Hello!

I'm making progress with my kickstart server!

I have one little BIG problem though.  Right now, I have a dhcpd/tftpd/kickstart server.  My client machine with a FastTrak 100 controller boots to the server, gets an ip, gets pxelinux.0, starts the Redhat install.  At the moment, I have 'dd' in my ks.cfg so it asks me for a flopppy.  I put in the floppy with the FastTrack drivers, accepts them, continues install, finishes, boots up and everything works great.

I got creative and modified my initrd-everything.img file.  I put FastTrak.o in the modules/ and updated the pcitable, moduleinfo, and modules.dep files.  Now when my client machine boots up all is well. The install goes through, but I get a kernel panic when it boots up. Can not mount root device.  It doesn't look like the FastTrak module is getting loaded in the initrd?

I noticed this on the 3rd console when I did a install on the client machine using the floppy:

*running 'cd /mnt/sysimage/lib/modules; gunzip < /tmp/modules/eepro100/modules.cgz | /mnt/sysimage/bin/cpio --quiet -iumd 2.4.18-3/FastTrak.o'

*moving /mnt/sysimage/lib/modules/2.4.18-3/FastTrak.o to /mnt/sysimage/lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/scsi/FastTrak.o

*recreating initrd for 2.4.18-3

I don't see this on the console when I do the install through straight PXE.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this working?  I've read a lot of docs, and searched google to get even this far.  Thanks.

-Os